Friday, July 22, 2011

¡Olé!


The past few days have been hot and steamy here in the wine country.  I love it.

This sizzling trend will only add to the excitement of our weekend plans ~ a Catalan Festival at Gloria Ferrer Caves and Vineyards.  I've been giddy about this Spanish celebration all week long.  

Mi guapa will most definitely be taking center stage considering her love for Spanish guitar music and dancing.  It's bound to be a day to record in the  good-life memory books ~ bubbly, Flamenco dancers, and food seasoned with saffron and other make-your-taste-buds explode spices.

By the way, did I ever tell you that my nickname at a former job was Fuega?  

And with that I bid you all a muy bueno weekend. 


[painting by Pino] 

7 comments:

  1. that sounds so charming...a Catalan festival. I studied Spanish at University and love Spanish guitar and paella....mmmmm
    Enjoy!

    XXXX
    -Morgan (Born of the Sea)
    Born of the Sea <--my blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, your weekend plans sound perfect! A step up from my trashy yard sale plans but I'll try to stay positive and happy for you (even though I'm green with envy). Enjoy every moment my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A Catalan Festival? I really should move to Napa. That sounds fantastic! Have a fantastic time this weekend, darling!

    ReplyDelete
  4. sometimes that valley is too much for me...and of course with the mccardles...how perfect a fit for hunkiest, the beast and me.
    what a lovely way to spend a summer evening! knowing me though, i'd probably need a larger size pants come monday morning.
    so much love to my mel,
    katie

    ReplyDelete
  5. This makes me very happy as in the fall we are relocating to Spain for at least a year. Barcelona is the City highest on the list with its majority being Catalan...I hope you enjoyed!
    XO

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a wonderful weekend ahead.

    love that painting. her expression is so unexpected, no arrogance, but rather a faraway look.

    i'm envious of the gorgeous food you'll eat!

    ReplyDelete

Share your dreamy thoughts with me.....

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails