Monday, July 4, 2011

Bees ~


"It is the peculiar nature of the world to go on spinning
no matter what sort of heartbreak is happening."
~ Sue Monk Kidd

This past weekend, we had a little documentary fest at our abode.  One of the  viewings was of Vanishing Of The BeesEye, heart, and mind opening in every way.  Damn us humans for messing up nature's perfect harmony.  Newsflash, in case you didn't know it, BEES are essential to life.  They are vanishing because of pesticides.  I've always been enamored with these buzzing little beauties, but now it's time to BEE the change we need to be in this world to help keep these vital lifelines strong and happy.  

Watch this film and you will agree.  

DIRT! and Ayurveda, art of being were the other two films we enjoyed and highly recommend.  Important stuff that feeds good knowledge to your mind {and soul}.

[Reverie-Daydream Images]

11 comments:

  1. I am watching pronto and your words couldn't be more spot-on. Hope you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those images are beautiful. It seems we (humans) always have our hands in messing up the cycle/circle of nature. The next bee I see I will not swat at it...promise!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bees, our little bees, are SO important on this planet, I know. And Dirt, our earth beneath our feet... I can't wait to see these Mel. Thank you! I love these and I am off the put them in my que now. Have another sacred week my friend:)
    xxx's

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait to see these documentaries, Melissa - thank you so much! Love the photos!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Every time I see a story about the disappearing bees I get sick to my stomach and angry. It's such scary and serious stuff.

    Growing up, my mom would always plant specific flowers to attract bees. I never understood why she would want all these bees swarming around our yard. I get it now and I always catch myself telling Emerson about the bees in our lavender bushes and how excited I am to see them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have to send you some honey from a friend and neighbors bees~
    pve

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm really looking forward to watching The Vanishing of the Bees. I've written about this topic on my blog and on OneGreenPlanet.org. It's so important and I'm glad to see others writing about such an important topic. It's something everyone should know about and help before it's too late.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for sharing these titles. It's incredibly sad- and scary & frustrating when natures harmony is disrupted. I look forward to watching (as I've been wanting to learn of & watch more documentaries!) these and most importantly- doing my part.

    Speaking of documentaries... tonight I'm watching this one! http://www.pbs.org/pov/sweetgrass/

    ReplyDelete
  9. i couldn't take my eyes of this documentary. so very important.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Bees indeed are a delight to watch, both for their honey as well as the hive architecture. Catalan architect designed Casa Mila (also known as La Pedrera) in the shape of a bee hive.

    ReplyDelete

Share your dreamy thoughts with me.....

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails